Friday, June 25, 2010

My first baby shower!

So my friends are smart and they planned my baby shower for a time that I was still mobile and at a time when the Texas heat was not daily reaching 100! Three of my gals--Traci, Summer and Morgan put together a great party at the Into My Garden Tea Room in Plano. We had tea, of course, soup, quiche, pasta salad, chicken salad--and a delicious cake to top it all of! And the best part--Kristy came into town from Tennessee to celebrate with us. Little Harrison was showered with cute outfits and ultimately with his under-the-sea themed play gym (I have a feeling that Bella--my morkie--will be equally interested in this apparatus). It was great fun and definitely needed to be limited to a girls-only event...we had much more opportunity to talk about all the weird and strange stuff that comes with pregnancy. I'm so grateful for my friends; we are all learning and figuring this mommy thing out together!

The rest of the weekend was great too! Kristy and I received a very sweet present from my super fantastic husband--a hotel room (two Queen beds since I still have that pregnancy snoring syndrome) all our own so we could spend some quality girl time together. In his own way, perhaps Mark was giving himself a gift--his own bed, his own home and the absences of all the girl gab that ensued. Smart husband. Well, we definitely spent that time catching up and catching the sights. We spent some tourist time at the 6th Floor Museum learning all about JFK before Kristy had to head out of town. And yes, apparently my snoring is not as 'meek and mild' as I thought it was...but I look forward to that magical day when all these weird symptoms stop (apparently this occurs practically right after you have the baby).


All in all, we're still doing great. We're at 7 3/4 months right now and coming up on that home stretch. Harrison is kicking and moving more often now or maybe he's just getting huge and every little move is more apparent. My feet are a funny sight most days--little puffy sausages wrapped in shoes. I'm still waiting for that 'lustrous hair and nail' growth that everyone raves about; that actually seems like a great symptom! Why can't I have that one?! I don't have any particular cravings, although I would never turn down any sweets and avocados look good on all sandwiches at this point. Maybe I should take that last comment back...sweet tea is an absolute joy! Sorry Harrison, you may be a little adhd...but we figured with both Mark and myself, you'd probably be that way anyways. Speaking of the little guy, his kicks are now actually making my belly visually jump! Mark got a big surprise the other day when he put his head to my belly to hear him move...and he got kicked in the face! That's my boy! What have we gotten ourselves into?!


We have another appointment in about a week and we'll keep you all posted.


Love, Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment