Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back to her old ways...

After a small hiatus from her normal pregnancy sleeping habits, I'm sad to report that Stephanie is once again snoring. This time she's returned to snoring with a vengeance! If it were an Olympic sport, she would absolutely get the gold.

Of course this means that I've got to find another place to close my eyes or risk zero sleep. Instead of sleeping on the floor in the office and the now ultra clean brand new carpet, I've opted for the much easier couch. There is less set up and take down so its the smarter choice. Alas, it all seems to be part of this wacky game of pregnancy so far, and I don't mind the exodus.

Our dogs don't seem to mind the new situation either as they've taken up residence on my pillows at night. I blame them of course, for the whole sordid affair!

On a different note...

Harrison is kicking Steph seemingly all the time now. I suppose he's starting to run out of room in there. And we still have a couple of months left. I simply can't begin to imagine how Steph is handling this pregnancy thing. Let me just say for the record that I'm glad I was born a man. With all my idiosyncrasies I'd never get any sleep. My wife, on the other hand, soldiers on like a real trooper!

On yet another note...

The house is coming along. However we've seem to hit a snag, and I blame my decision to teach summer school. Its only about 5 hours a day, but this summer school thing is the pits. My kids are great and hard working, but I get home and I'm exhausted. I simply don't want to do anything and with my chronic laziness in full affect, that is a formula for disaster! We have so much laundry piled up and the dishes are just getting out of control. The garage needs to be organized stat and don't even get me started on the "garden area" in our back yard. There is a weed that literally stands taller than I do. At this point its a pride thing and I want to see just how tall this sucker will get. Steph seems embarrassed by the overwhelming growth, but I'm fascinated! Grow little weed, grow!!!

We're rocking at 32 weeks... I think. Harrison will be here before long and then it gets easier, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment