Sunday, March 21, 2010

The beginning....


Thanks to our good friends the Boytes we now have a blog to share with you all our journey into parenthood--scary! I've promised you all that I would detail this journey...to keep you all in the loop...to give some of you a heads up for what's in your future...but overall just to keep in touch since we're all so far apart.


It all started when we took that ever important test and got the great news. So far, pregnancy for me has been slightly typical. No real 'morning sickness' but the fatigue and the incredibly hot body temperature set in; it's enough to keep you from any extracurricular. Mine was a little later than that, around 14 weeks but I have no complaints. I've heard the stories from many that had it worse. It's apparently the hormones--your body starts to except that it's just a part of who you are now and gives you back your energy. It is pretty incredible, just one day you feel like going for a walk outside or the thought of doing laps at the gym doesn't make you cringe anymore (wait...the gym has always made me cringe!). Needless to say, this is the part where everyone says to enjoy it, the second trimester. We've had a few sonograms so far and everything looks great for the little one. Strong heartbeat, big brain (was very cool--wish I had a picture of that to share), bones and organs and everything you want to be in place. Now the only part we're waiting on is to find out what the little one is. We went in at 16 weeks (4 months) and Dr. New gave us an 80% boy verdict but we won't get the 100% until we go back in at 20 weeks (two long weeks from now)! We're excited either way but I will tell you...I've already started shopping....hey, I'm saving my receipts :) For now, here's our best picture to share with you all--our making a massey.

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie and Mark,
    I am so excited to read each week about your journey into parenthood! This is such an adventure! Thank you for including me.

    Love,
    Christine
    PS, You both look like professional models on the beach! Seriously?! You are glowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've just started out blogging and already have a cute background! But, would I expect anything less?
    Ooh, a boy! I wish we lived closer so I could just pass some of my super duper cute boy clothes on to you, but let's face it. When it is your first baby and the first grandchild (for Steph's side at least), you get enough newborn clothes as gifts.
    Have you already started thinking of boy names since you are 80% sure?

    I am so excited for you. Thank you for sharing with a blog. I am just dying to see pictures. Love you much, Masseys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, you have done amazing and you will be an amazing mother as well. I will follow your blog and enjoy every minute of it. Let us know and we will help you get all the projects done. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete