Friday, March 26, 2010

The guy's input... for what it's worth.

Here I sit on a Friday afternoon, the sun is bright and it's warm enough to be outside doing anything. Like most suckers I'm stuck at my desk with a classroom full of kids who seriously want this year to be over with. I don't blame them.

Then my mind wanders to September when the little one will be here. I keep thinking about the bathrooms I need to complete, the fence I need to finish painting, the backyard that needs some serious TLC, the baby's closet that needs some work, or the carpet that desperately needs to be torn out. I sit here and think of those things and wander how much longer I can put them off before Steph starts to really get frustrated.

Then I remember that she's preggers and frustration is for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That ship has sailed and Pirate Steph is at the helm. Alas, I must procrastinate and tarry no more.

My shopping and to-do list have reached a critical state. There's simply no room to add anything else. And then I remember I'm supposed to be getting in shape for this firefighter physical test in a few weeks. When do I have time to do that!

The life of a soon-to-be father is fraught with confusion and time constraints that would make Jack Bower shudder with fear.

So what will I do tonight... probably play some playstation, read, or watch a movie. All that other junk can wait.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, and will follow it closely. I love you so much and I am so excited about this new baby. Let us know and we can help with all the projects. Love you always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, it sounds like you've got this husband and soon-to-be-father thing down already! ;) JK

    In all seriousness, you will figure it out. It will be a great adventure.

    And, if your family is offering to help out with projects, enlist their willing help!

    ReplyDelete