Monday, March 29, 2010

Things I'm learning

So, I wanted to share with all my girlfriends the little things you learn along the way about being preggers. Here are some of those strange little details so far:
  • Baby Massey gets really angry if I don't eat breakfast before 9am...and I can't get by with just a bowl of cereal either. I have to eat eggs or my little miracle makes me regret it all work day long with headaches and just all over sick feelings.
  • Chicken--I just can't eat it. I can't look at it. I can't touch it. I can eat McNuggets and that's about it. All the rest of it looks so foul I don't want to ruin it for you.
  • Snacking--I'm reaching that phase where I need little bits of food every few hours or so. I anticipate this will only get worse. Although, it is cool to be able to grab a cookie and not feel bad about it!
  • Hmmm, how to say it....sleeping on your side as you start to grow is not super comfy. I feel like I'll soon have to develop a gigantic wall of pillows to support all the areas that need supporting. Poor Mark.
  • Speaking of poor Mark...snoring has begun. He will try to tell you that it happened before pregnancy but I have my Dad and other slumber party buddies to attest to the fact that growing up all I had was some random talking in my sleep. Now apparently, snoring has started. The doctors say that your body create extra (gross) mucus and that could explain it. That also explains the super stuffy noses and dry throat.
  • A lot of weird extra stuff is around, like the amount of blood in your body now--it's crazy! And I'm also thinking that causes my limbs to be totally asleep numb when I lay on them wrong in bed. It's the worst--my friend Traci lent me her arm brace to use to help out. But seriously, the amount of extra junk you need in order to sleep is ridiculous...and I don't want to even think about the fact that it's probably worse as your belly grows. It's a miracle, don't get me wrong, it's just so strange going through it all for the first time.

I think I've covered a good start to the little things diary. I'll keep thinking and will keep adding to it. I know my girlfriends will be grateful one day to know that what's happening to them is not so crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the things we girls must endure. I was also a stomach sleeper. You get used to it on your side.. the back was the hardest for me. But that is when you will feel the baby move most when you start to feel it kick. Love you, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for bringing back all those memories. Our pregnancies sound so similar! I hope you don't get PUPPS at the end like I did. (Don't worry, it's a very small percentage that do).
    Did I ever tell you that I snored a lot, too? Chris rarely slept in bed with me because that's one thing he can't handle - snoring. I hope you have a guest room. Chris had to sleep on the couch.

    I hope you feel special during this time. You are doing an AMAZING thing, growing this baby in your body.

    A word of advice to Mark (although it seems he has picked up on this already), give Steph EXTRA grace and compassion during this time, no matter how cranky or outright mean she might seem. She cannot control her emotions - there are a LOT of crazy new hormones surging through her. It is hard and consuming being pregnant. So, ignore her moods and let her know that she is amazing. ;)
    (If it's hard to do, know that you will be investing in the health of your post-baby sex life by making Steph feel special during the pregnancy. Can I say that on here?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Kirsten! I had no idea. And yup, lucky Mark is a camper so he's learned to camp out in another room to avoid the snoring (which is probably so much worse b/c of the horrible allergy season we are having in TX) :)

    ReplyDelete