Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gravity

So I'm not a doctor and I'm not going to look any of this up...I'm just thinking out loud. Gravity...this seems to be the current villain of my pregnancy epic (I'm assuming back pain will be next...or swollen appendages). You can laugh, but I promised my friends that I would take them down this journey whether strange or embarrasing and so here we are. I never thought a human would have to pee this often. Seriously. But the gravity part, where does that come in? Well, I seem to be fine when I'm sitting down. It's the instant I stand up that I realize I have to pee again. My only logical assumption without experienced knowlege is that I stand, the weight of the baby, uterus, amniotic fluid, gross fat, and whatever else I'm missing...shifts and just sits on my bladder. And then I'm off again to the loo. Lucky for me, my office at work is right around the corner from the restroom. Honestly though, I'm only assuming that this gets worse as more weight is put on and my poor little bladder, with no defenses of its own, gets smooshed more and more every day! It probably eventually looks like a pancake inside there. So yes, it's just one more 'little thing' I'm learning about pregnancy. It's funny though, you read about ALL this kind of stuff when you get pregnant but you just aren't thinking about it happening to you until it does. Maybe you try to convince yourself that you'll be that one woman that this symptom does not occur to...now those chicks, no one has to like them (and if you were one, keep it to yourself!). 5 1/2 months as of today and counting!

1 comment: